Thank you for being a part of the mentoring movement.
A Note From the Board Chair
Tina Lea, Board Chair
"It’s amazing what we can do when we come together."
Youth that has an opportunity to be mentored are:
• 55% more likely to be enrolled in college than those who did not have a mentor.
• 81% more likely to report participating regularly in sports or extracurricular activities.
• More than twice as likely to say they held a leadership position in a club or sports team.
• 78% more likely to volunteer regularly in their communities.
• Nearly nine in ten respondents who had a mentor said they are now interested in becoming a mentor
Connect With Us!
Girls participating in our organization volunteer their time with local agencies, churches, senior homes; caroling, serving meals; definitely making a difference locally and internationally.
Right now, there are 9 million kids in our country growing up without a mentor. That means that 1 out of every 3 young people does not have the support of a positive caring adult outside of their family. They lack the support many of us relied on. But it is not too late to help us change this statistic, consider mentoring a child to make a difference. Mentors are a critical ingredient in driving expanded support and opportunity to all our young people. You can make a difference today by supporting Girls with Goals Alliance.
Your gift will allow us to expand the number of matches supported through quality mentoring programs as we work to close the mentoring gap in our country – because no young person should have to walk the road alone.
WE ARE CONNECTED LOCALLY AND NATIONALLY!
Girls with Goals Alliance broad local, state and national support and guidance for effective and quality mentoring makes it possible to achieve program goals and objectives.
Youth Partnership of Hampton Roads - Local
MENTOR - VA - State
MENTOR - National